by Cece Smith
Do you ever watch a TV show or see your favourite celebrities on the red carpet while you’re paging through a magazine and wonder how your favourite stars manage to look this good? Well, wonder no more.
Fashion designer, wardrobe expert and celebrity stylist Kelebogile Foko (35 years) is behind some of your favourite looks.
She is the in-house stylist of SABC1 lifestyle show Selimathunzi and former stylist to Andile Gaeleshiwe on Khumbulekhaya. She has dressed almost all of Mzansi’s A-listers and she dishes out her fashion Do’s and Don’ts.
- Emphasize your best features: If you have a great body then don’t be afraid to wear figure-hugging items.
- Always wear the right bra that will give great support
- To lose items, wear a belt on the waist to will emphasize your figure
- Shoes say a lot. Buy the right size heels; sacrifice a few inches for comfort
- Investment items are must-have. A black suit, white shirt, blue jeans, and the little black dress are a good investment and can be worn in various ways.
- More is more. Don’t show too much skin especially with winter approaching.
- Don’t mix two seasons in one look.
- Don’t wear dark brown and black together.
- Wear minimal accessories.
- Do not reveal too much when wearing leggings.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new, experiment with colour.