Struggling to find the perfect Father’s Day gift for your tech-savvy dad? A smart wearable can be a great choice. From performance to price, the HUAWEI Band 6 is sure to put a smile on Dad’s face. Here are five reasons why you should get it for dad:
- The perfect arm candy: Sure, mom is dad’s favourite arm candy (no arguments there), but this entry-level wearable with leading design and the most comprehensive functions easily stands out. The HUAWEI Band 6 has a 1.47-inch AMOLED FullView Display Screen, a 148% larger viewable area, and a low-bezel 64% screen-to-body ratio. Combine that with the high-resolution 194 x 368 display with 282 PPI and dad’s got something impressive to look at on his wrist (no offence to the woman in dad’s life!).
- A selection of workouts to choose from: To get the best results, we should all change up your parts of our workouts every now and again. The HUAWEI Band 6 will help dad do this because it supports 96 sports modes, including everyday sports such as running, walking, cycling and swimming, as well as the elliptical and rowing machine. There’s also a rope jumping mode that monitors the number of jumps dad takes and provides accurate exercise data such as consecutive jumps.
- Blood oxygen level monitoring: No need for your dad to go bionic/superhuman and insert special devices to monitor his oxygen levels (we’ll leave that up to Marvel Comics’ Iron Man). The HUAWEI Band 6 has a built-in SpO2 detection system that monitors the user’s blood oxygen saturation 24/7. What makes this a unique feature on this smart wearable is that it constantly runs in the background: the continuous monitoring allows the user to get a reading whenever they want and be alerted in case of any dangerous drops. If dad’s oxygen levels drop too low, the band will vibrate, so he can take time out to breathe and regain his equilibrium.
- Battery life keeps up to your pace: When it comes to battery endurance, the HUAWEI Band 6 offers an incredible 14 days’ battery life for typical use, and 10 days for heavy use. When the smartband does run out of battery, it’s no problem because dad can get two days’ use from just five minutes charging time with a magnetic charger. So there’s no excuse for him not to work out every day, (but an exception can be made for Father’s Day of course!).
- Peaceful sleep: The HUAWEI Band 6 also spoils dad with the gift of better sleep, as his sleeping pattern can be tracked. While the user sleeps, the HUAWEI TruSleep™2.0 is capable of detecting his stage of sleep, real-time heart rate and breathing rate, and produces a comprehensive analysis of dad’s sleep quality from this data. The HUAWEI TruSleep™ 2.0 doesn’t just automatically calculate the duration of sleep; it can also identify moments when the user fell asleep and woke up and the proportion of light sleep to deep sleep and rapid eye movement (REM). This data can help dad accurately identify any of six typical sleep issues like insomnia, shallow sleep, night-time awakenings, early morning awakenings, excessive dreams and an irregular sleep pattern.
Additionally, HUAWEI TruSleep™ 2.0 offers users more than 100 kinds of personalised advice for sleep quality improvement. It provides eight sleeping metrics, including sleep duration, deep sleep ratio, wake up counter, breathing quality and sleep recommendations.
Pre-order the HUAWEI Band 6 now; simply pay R49 and receive an extra R200 discount off the balance of the purchase price of R1699, Exclusive to HUAWEI Store (Online) from 11 to 17 June.