Happiness Ever After, the sequel to Happiness is a Four Letter Word, will be premiering on Netflix later this year. Entertainment industry commentator Phil Mphela sat down with the stars from the upcoming feature film, Happiness Ever After, Khanyi Mbau & Renate Stuurman to find out just what viewers can expect.
Happiness Ever After is the sequel to the highly successful film Happiness is a Four-Letter Word, based on Nozizwe Cynthia Jele’s novel of the same name. The film will encapsulate the “heart” of the first film, by tying back to the important threads such as sisterhood and friendship. However, the story has been re-imagined with the inclusion of a new romantic arc as well that viewers can look forward to.
- Director: Thabang Moleya (Happiness is a Four-letter word, The Herd)
- Screenwriter: Ayanda Halimana
- Producers: Bongiwe Selane (Happiness is a Four-letter word, Nomalanga and the Witch)
- Synopsis: The glamorous Happiness friends are back close to four years after we left them. We join them for another journey of self-discovery and re-evaluation as life throws new challenges at them.
- Quote from Khanyi Mbau: “The sequel lives independently from the book but obviously with some of the old characters returning to bring more drama and more sizzle in the sequel.
- Quote from Renate Stuurman: “We wanted to take audiences somewhere new. The story picks up 5 years later from where we left our characters and it is on all of us (the cast, the producers, the crew) to take our audiences somewhere new.
- Production will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa.