Woman wanted over alleged role in killing. Police have issued a warrant of arrest for 40-year-old Hlengiwe Buthelezi, who is being sought in connection with the murder of popular South African DJ, television and radio personality Warrick “DJ Warras” Stock.
Buthelezi is now the third suspect being pursued in the case. She is wanted on allegations of murder and conspiracy to commit murder following Stock’s fatal shooting in Johannesburg’s CBD in December 2025.
The warrant was issued on Wednesday, 19 August, after the South African Police Service’s Serious and Violent Crimes Unit obtained a J50 warrant. Police have also released an identikit of Buthelezi in an effort to locate her.
Authorities have urged anyone with information about her whereabouts to come forward.
Alleged link to suspected mastermind
Investigators have previously alleged that Buthelezi, who was reportedly in a relationship with accused mastermind Victor Majola, played a role in the events leading up to Stock’s murder.
According to evidence presented during Majola’s bail proceedings, Stock’s personal information, including his address, was allegedly found on Majola’s cellphone.
The investigating officer told the court that Majola had allegedly received the information from his girlfriend, identified as Hlengiwe. Stock had previously applied for a protection order against her.
Investigators further allege that Buthelezi was part of an informal committee accused of illegally collecting rent from residents of a hijacked building and that she allegedly supplied Stock’s photographs to Majola.
These allegations have not been tested in court and Buthelezi remains wanted by police.
DJ Warras was shot in Johannesburg CBD
Stock was shot dead on 16 December 2025 in the Johannesburg CBD while involved in matters relating to a building in the area.
Police investigations subsequently focused on several suspects and CCTV footage allegedly showing Majola at the scene. Investigators told the court that footage appeared to show Majola making hand signals towards Stock before the shooting.
The murder shocked South Africa’s entertainment industry. Stock was widely known for his work as a DJ, radio and television presenter and podcaster.
He had worked at YFM and 5FM and was also associated with television productions including Live AMP. At the time of his death, he was involved in broadcasting, podcasting and business ventures.
Gunman sentenced to 25 years
The latest development comes shortly after the man accused of being the gunman entered into a plea agreement with the State.
The alleged shooter was sentenced to an effective 25 years in prison after admitting to the murder-for-hire killing, according to authorities. His plea and sentencing have added another significant development to a case that investigators have described as involving an alleged planned assassination.
The sentencing does not bring the broader case to an end, with investigators continuing to pursue other people allegedly involved in the killing.
Majola’s case postponed
Meanwhile, proceedings against Majola were postponed again on Wednesday and the matter will now return to court in September.
Majola faces allegations relating to the planning of Stock’s murder and remains before the court. The State has previously relied on evidence including cellphone information and CCTV footage in its case against him.
The issuing of the warrant for Buthelezi represents a fresh development in the investigation, with police now searching for a woman investigators believe could hold important information about the events that led to Stock’s death.
