This coming weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, Rand Water is set to cut water supply in certain areas of Gauteng.
Speaking to Power FM on the Power Breakfast on Thursday, Rand Water spokesperson Justice Mohale said this is due to “the replacement of an 800mm valve and bypass valve.”
“This are just valves that connect the pipe lines,” he said.
” They were leaking so we decided that we are loosing water and remember here we are talking about purified water, so we decided to replace these valves with new ones.”
These are the areas that will be affected:
- Alwayn Rd & Babiana Street
- Commando & Main Rd Revelea
- Jukskei Drive & Wilhemina Hokins
- Japura village cnr of Erythrin for Senior Citizens — Riverlea
- Crown Informal Settlement
- BP service station Cnr Gordon Rd & Bergbron
- Bergbron & Whiteridge
- Brixton Police Station (Cnr High & Mercury)
- Crosby Clinic
- Rahima Moosa Hospital
- Slovo Park informal settlement (Coronationville)
- Kathrada informal settlement (Newclare)
- Edward Street (Sophiatown)
- No 46 Wilma Street (Montclare)
- Riverlea Recreation Centre
- Quellerina and Florida Glen truck will roam in the area
- Sophiatown Clinic fire truck will roam in the area
- Hellen Joseph Hospital water tanker is there to pump water to the hospital.
- Cnr Mimosa and Willow roads
- Cnr Taibos & Acacia roads
- Cnr Weltevreden and Shaka roads
- Cnr Golf Glub Terrace and Joachim van Pletzen — Constantia Kloof
- Bertha Ave — Florida Noord
- Bruno Street — Florida Noord
- Louanna Street — Constantia Kloof
- 26 Okkerneut — Constantia Kloof.